Windows Downloads

Submariner1967 15:24 16 Jun 2009

Having asked on the other forum I will try this one as I am definitely a beginner.
There is a notification shield above the "Turn Off" icon saying that there is a download waiting but it never downloads.
I alwys get "This has failed to download" after trying to install it using the yellow icon on the bottom right toolbar. The download in question is a "Windows Genuine Advantage Notification" KB905474.
I find this annoying as according to the list of updates in "Add & Remove" this was downloaded on gthe 05/11/2008.
If anyone can advise me on how to sort out this very annoying glitch I would be very grateful.
Regards
Graham.
ps. I was advised to go to my windows. dir. but haven't a clue as to what that is or where to find it! Also I was told to "Put a link to the original thread by copying the URL in the address bar and posting" This may as well be in Chinese as I'm afraid I don't understan a word! Please help this 62 year young pc dabbler!!

Pamy 15:46 16 Jun 2009

KB 905474 was insalled on my computer on 16/04/2009.

I would open all programs and then go to the top of the pagean click on Microsoft Updates and let it check your computer for any dates

Submariner1967 15:58 16 Jun 2009

Hi Pamy,
Have done that and it was installed on the 05/11/08, so why does it keep coming back like a bad smell that I can't get rid of!

Pamy 16:28 16 Jun 2009

When you say that you have done that, was KB905474 the only update

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?