OnePlus 5 review
error messaging starting windows me
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps: 1. Insert the Windows Me Startup disk and restart your computer. If a Windows Me Startup disk did not come with your computer, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to learn how to create one:
267287 (click here) How to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me
2. On the Startup menu, click Start computer with CD-ROM support.
3. Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command, where windows is the name of your Windows folder:
ren user32.dll user32.dlx
ren gdi32.dll gdi32.dlx
ren winmm.dll winmm.dlx
4. When you are prompted "Please enter the path to the Windows CAB files," type cd-rom:\win9x, where cd-rom is the drive letter for your CD-ROM drive, and then press ENTER. This letter may be different when you are using a Startup disk. NOTE: Some OEM installations of Windows Me may have the cabinet files stored on your hard disk. The default location of these cabinet files is C:\Windows\Options\Install and you can type this path when you are prompted "Please enter the path to the Windows CAB files". However, if your cabinet files are not in this location, and you do not have a Windows Me CD-ROM, contact your hardware manufacturer to locate the files.
5. When the prompt appears "Please enter the name(s) of the files you want to extract," type user32.dll gdi32.dll winmm.dll, and then press ENTER.
6. When the "Please enter the path to extract to" prompt is displayed, type drive:\windows\system, where drive:\windows is the drive and folder in which Windows is installed, and then press ENTER.
7. Review the displayed information. If it is correct, press Y, and then press ENTER.
8. Type the following commands, where windows is the name of your Windows folder, pressing ENTER after each command:
ren cmapieng.vxd cmapieng.vxx
NOTE: If the Cmapieng.vxd file does not exist in the C:\Windows folder, check for the existence of this file in the C:\Program Files\Cybermedia folder after you restart Windows, and then rename the file. Or, use the System Configuration Utility tool to prevent the Cmapieng.vxd file from loading. For additional information about how to use the System Configuration Utility tool to disable startup items, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
I followed the prompts outlined above but when i boot my system it loads the Windows ME page then says load error and turns itself boot my off
Can you start in Safe Mode?
Also ME startup disc click here
i have a start up disk just recenlty created but will not start in safe mode
Why not run your ME disc as Setup over the top from DOS. This will leave your doc's intact
Or if it will start in MS-DOS mode then at the > prompt type
and press Enter to launch System Restore.
My original ME floppy i created rescue discs but one of them is damaged, so i took tower to high street computer shop who installed ME, so i dont have a disk at all
i followed your prompt, it says this program cannot be run in DOS
This may help click here
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.