Windows - Delayed Write Failed

sms 14:23 07 Mar 2003

Everytime I acess a program or the internet the following message appears

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \device\Harddiskvolume1\windows\temporary Internet Files\content.IE5\4XMBKXEB\Stuff. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save elseware.

The end bit changes depending on what has been accessed.

Running windows 2000
Update packs installed

Unable to download certain programs due to this fault

Any Ideas........
Help..........

lixdexik 23:28 07 Mar 2003

the other day. I have a dual boot 98 & xp each on there own HDD. I back up my files on to the drive with 98 and was getting the same mesage when the backup tried to write to the drive. I tried to copy other files from the d drive to the C drive and also got the same message.. it seems the HDD is stuffed, I am unable to write to it or copy from it. New HDD required. Have you tried to copy any other files to the drive?? try and copy a file from a floppy and see if it works. If like me you get the same message the I think the bin beccons.

This post will put you back to the top of the pile again. wait and see if you get other responses before binning your drive, there may be a fix for it...If there is I would like to know it too.

Cheers Lixdexik.

woodchip 23:32 07 Mar 2003

If you have a 7200rpm drive or faster it may be that causing the problem try if it's posible in CMOS to run at mode 4 or you will have to edit the registry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?