Windows Defender Problem

heavymetalkid 23:58 28 Apr 2006

I've had Windows Defender on for a week or two and thought it was ok. Today however when I did a full scan I couldn't access my Outlook Express. Performed a few more scans and, after each one my e-mails froze. I've uninstalled it now. Anyone else had problems with it?

rdave13 00:44 29 Apr 2006

Yes. Since the kb915597 update defender was unable to update anything! Reverted back to being 92 days out of date. Have uninstalled this time for a good while. By the way any success at uninstalling that game of yours?

heavymetalkid 10:49 29 Apr 2006

Morning Rdave and thanks for reply. I think Plasmapong's gone,typed the name into "Search" and "All files and folders", found 18 so I deleted them. Next time I looked, some had returned....deleted again and, although it said clear, this morning there were 5 there listed as "Chunks jsp?ipid cdocuments and settings". I've just deleted them and at the moment it states clear. I'm a little concerned that I may have deleted something I shouldn't have. Could that have been possible?

rdave13 11:01 29 Apr 2006

Shouldn't think so but maybe a good idea to run the reg cleaner in Ccleaner.

heavymetalkid 11:09 29 Apr 2006

Ok, will do....I'm off to work now, I'll do it when I return tonight. Thanks mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017