Windows Defender On/Off

JohnM. 06:22 27 Jul 2007

Each time I restart my computer Windows Defender is shown as "turned off". After turning on a notice states -
"A System change was made by a Program File\Windows Defender\MpCmclRun.exe"

How do I stop this so that Defender is always on.

JohM.

birdface 08:32 27 Jul 2007

Probably does not matter if its off.It never finds anything anyway.Maybe in msconfig it has been unticked on the start up program.Sorry about the little remark,It just did nothing for me and I know a lot of the more knowledgeable folk on here use it.

birdface 19:49 29 Jul 2007

Hi,I dont know if this will be of any help,But worth a look I suppose. click here

birdface 09:03 30 Jul 2007

Hi John.Thanks for the e-mail.It is normal to post any replies back on here for others to see and may be able to give you further assistance,It's been a while since I had defender on my computer and it has probably changed a lot since,You probably have a lot of sensitive stuff on your computer,Have you checked to see if you have the latest Defender installed,If not up-date it.If it was on my computer and I could not find away to repair it.I would delete it,Run C Cleaner and then reinstall it,But with all the sensitive stuff that you have on your computer C Cleaner may delete things that you would like to keep,Maybe someone will come up with a better solution,Tried Googling your problem,but can't find a lot on there.Hope that you get it sorted.

birdface 10:57 30 Jul 2007

Hi John.I don't think that you should have ticked resolved if you still have the problem.I am sure that there are others on here that can give you some better advice than me.This is the latest version I think 1593.If you dont have the latest version download and run from here,click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?