windows defender

bpzoom 22:08 30 Dec 2006

I already pay for E-Trust Pest Control at a reasonable annual fee. It updates automatically every day without my intervention and I am satisfied with it. Is there do you think any point in downloading Windows Defender as well? Would there be a chance of a clash bewteen the two systems?

Jackcoms 22:14 30 Dec 2006

There wouldn't be a clash.

To be blunt, Defender would do the job just as well on its own - and it's free.

Couple it with click here (as a malware blocker) and that's all you need

birdface 10:15 31 Dec 2006

If you are happy with what you have,I would leave it at that,I have Windows Defender and I am not sure whether to delete it or not,It does nothing,Not found any problems on my computer at all,Which means that my other Spyware+Anti-Spyware programs are all working Ok,So really no need for W/Def, But I keep it just in case one day it might just find something,I use A.V.G Anti-virus+Spyware,They seem to do the Job well and have no problems with them,I think that you will get a lot of folk out there with the same thoughts about w/Def,All right as a standby I suppose.

skidzy 10:18 31 Dec 2006

Agreed,Defender is just not worth the hassle and seemingly does nothing.

Follow the above suggestions as ive found these to be the best course of protection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:48 31 Dec 2006

I have Windows Defender and I am not sure whether to delete it or not,It does nothing,Not found any problems on my computer at all,Which means that my other Spyware+Anti-Spyware programs are all working Ok,

Defender is a real time scanner / blocker how do you know its defender doing nothing or the others doing nothing?

I run spyware blaster and defener only and get no problems found when I do a weekly scan with others, this tells me defender is doing its job.

skidzy 12:13 31 Dec 2006

Very good point Fruit Bat /\0/\ regarding Defender,but from personal experience the hassles i had and with MS update problems i decided to rid this from my systems.
Im sure it may be doing something and your point is very valid.However with Spywareblaster updated reguarly and now with spyware Terminator realtime i find this very good to date.

bpzoom 13:51 31 Dec 2006

Many thanks to you all. The replies all indicate that there is no need for Defender if another system is working well. E-Trust Pest Control appears to work very well and the cost is not great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017