Windows Defender

NotSureBoutThis 09:08 15 Nov 2006

Hi

I have Windows Defender installed & want to add it to either my favourites or desktop, but cannot find away of doing it.

The only place I can see it is within Add / Remove programmes.

Any advice please?

Manic Hobbit 09:12 15 Nov 2006

Try this.

Start --> All Programs then hover mouse over Windows Defender in the Program List the right click and select 'Send To' then Desktop (Create Shortcut)

brundle 09:13 15 Nov 2006

It should be running all the time anyway, no point having a shortcut available; if you wish to see the icon in the system tray - click here

€dstowe 09:14 15 Nov 2006

Try going to Start -> All programs and RIGHT click on the Windows Defender listing. Click on Create Shortcut. This will give you two entries in the listing. Drag one of these entries on to your desktop.

Works with other programs but not tried it with this one.

NotSureBoutThis 15:40 15 Nov 2006

Thanks everyone

I have followed the instructions above, but it will not install on my desktop, so, I have had to install in in my system tray.

I have tried to drag the icon from the system tray onto the desktop, but it does not move from the system tray.

Trust the above makes sence

birdface 16:05 15 Nov 2006

You must have sent it somewhere when you downloaded it, Try ,Start , Search, Type in Windows Defender,It should open file with w/def in it,See if you can open Icon,And get it to open on desktop.

VoG II 16:21 15 Nov 2006

Right click the Desktop, New > Shortcut. In the Location box enter

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

Click Next. In the Name box enter Windows Defender. Click Finish.

NotSureBoutThis 11:24 16 Nov 2006

Thanks everyone.

Now sorted, it's on my desktop, where would I be without your knoweledge!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017