Windows Defender

Les T 11:54 26 Aug 2006

Morning folks, looking for of bit of help regarding the above. About every 3 days the icon for Defender appears in the notification area with the yellow shield icon. When i click on it it says "You have not scanned you're computer for 3 days", if i click to scan (Quick scan), the shield disappears for a day, but then returns. I have to do a full scan, for it to go away for 3 days, however i have it set to automatically do a quick scan every evening. Any ideas if i can set it so this yellow shield doesn't appear all the time?

Fingees 13:41 26 Aug 2006

If you open windows defender.

select tools
options
set scan to automatic at a time when you want it to. and set daily, weekly or whatever.

Mine is set for daily at 1900. I just make sure my computer is on line at that time, so it runs in background .

No problem.

Obviously if you set it to run regularly at a time when the computer is not used, it will remind you, as it updates prior to scanning.

all the best.

Les T 18:40 26 Aug 2006

Thanks for that, i have mine set to run at 2000. However as i am quite often out at work, i had to ask my wife and she has subsequently told me, that our computer isn't always on at this time.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?