windows defaulting to sign in page

User-315C589B-4DC7-455D-B156AB85690025CE 13:05 01 Feb 2007

HI I'm rather ashamed that I can't sort ths because I can't help but feel it should be simple. I have tried to search for a solution but I don't know what the action is called but hopefully someone can pointout the obvious to me.

After a short period of no action (clicking typing etc) the computer defaults to the sign in page of windows (XP). Once I sign in it just goes back to where I should be if nothing had happened. basically it behaves just like a screensaver.

I don't have screensaver activated and I have checked the power options but nothing makes any difference. The main problem is that it is such a short period befoe this activates that I can't watch short film clips or a picture slide show uninterupted.

Any suggestions guys?
Thanks

Alye

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:53 01 Feb 2007

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

see if this solves your problem.

FreeCell 17:46 01 Feb 2007

The feature is called Auto Log off.
Check in task Manager to make sure that you don't have a process called Winexit running.

Hi,

After some investigation I've discovered that this is caused by fast user switching. Turn that off and Bob's your uncle!

Thanks for all whotried to help!

Alye

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?