Windows Debg Center

SparkyJack 17:10 03 Apr 2012

Windows Debug Centre

One of my flock has been besieged with this scam.

I have spend an our trying to get rid so far to no avail

It keeps putting a windows with details of how to purchase the item pfor lots of $ but no indication of saying No Thanks. Whilst doing this the Window effectively kills the Internet connection.

Various finder/uninstall applications [CCleaner etc.,] have so far failed to locate the beast

Any suggestions please

northumbria61 23:06 03 Apr 2012
  Sea Urchin 23:36 03 Apr 2012

This rogue program is very hard to shift, and I would suggest using the Bleeping Computer solution. The link above goes to Spyware Doctor which will usually ask for payment before removing malware. This one is free

Remove Debug Center

SparkyJack 11:00 04 Apr 2012

Thank you all for those links. Will be revisiting the offending beast after the holiday.

northumbria61 11:10 04 Apr 2012

Sea Urchin - thanks for finding a better solution. I hadn't noticed that it would ask for payment but I did read that it would be hard to shift.

SparkyJack - Hope you are successful in removing it. Please let us know.

SparkyJack 11:25 04 Apr 2012

Meanwhile I have advised Him/ Her [Though He contacted me - I sense she is more adept] To get as much Data- dox and pix off the machine to back up DVDs- and if it comes to the crunch we can invoke the ultimate repair/restore function on the Data drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?