Windows cannot find (null)

Simon 6102 17:21 21 Nov 2006

Can anyone help please:
I downloaded Windows Internet Explorer 7 from the Windows Update site some 2 weeks ago. This is the all dancing and singing unit which uses Tabs and is supposedly the business. Problem :If I open Windows Internet Explorer it loads onto the screen.......in the line at the upper level of the screen to the immediate left of the TAB button it will say.....connecting......and that is where it all stops with a white blank screen. After a long wait I try to close the page. The outer skin "will peel off" to reveal......Windows Cannot Find NULL. Make Sure You Typed The Name Correctly,And Then Try Again. To Search For A File Click The Start Button And Then Click Search.Invariably, once I click the "OK"Button the System will "Crash". The System is XP2 on a PC which is 4 years old. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to sort this mess out please. Thank you

Technotiger 17:58 21 Nov 2006

Hi, I would suggest that you uninstall IE7 in Add & Remove, then reinstall if you still want it. The uninstall will automaticly put you back to IE6.

birdface 18:22 21 Nov 2006

Hi if you do decide to delete it,While in Add Remove,At the top make sure show updates has a tick on it,If you decide to reinstall,Run C Cleaner. Close your Anti Virus + firewall then reinstall,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?