Windows bootup woes

astec123 19:46 04 Feb 2004

I have a Problem in that at bootup my pc running a 120gb hdd, 1 gb ram and an xp2600+ does not start up properly and runs through this problem.It starts and detects the processor as an xp2000+ when it isnt,it used to say the correct details, after this it says to wait for an ide scan and asks me to press any key or enter the configuration for the RAID.then press any key or enter the ctrl-s for raid configuration.after this it enters the windows is sorry but wasnt shutdown or lost power etc. screen and i have tried all the options!these all bring up a blue screen and doesnt display for long enough to read it says something like this.

It goes something like this but I cannot get much because I am using my camera in burst mode so res is reduced to 340 x 260

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect
to your computer
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
Restart your computer.If this screen appears again, follow
these steps
disable or uninstall any antivirus, disk defragmentation
or backup utilities.check your hard drive configuration
and check for any updated drivers. Run "ch****"> / "some letter"> to check
(to blury to make out,may be "and then unknown")
Technical (Extreemly blury)

****Stop:/; 0x0000002 (0x001901ff.0x98 >(too blury)

Anything in angle brackets I cannot make out.

after this the system restarts and it begins again so I cannot do any checks other than that the fans are spinning and that the lights on the board come on and the hdd seems to whirl as normal.

This seemed to start after flight sim 98 failed toinstall and said that it couldnt write to the hdd as it was write protected!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?