Windows boot problems

killlerkingo 20:49 15 Dec 2009

Hello all I am a newbie and this is my first post. Here goes, I have just installed a new power unit in my PC,however when I turn on the power it freezes on the first post screen. If I remove all my prephirals it will boot up fine?? I can get into the bios using a old style keyboard connector (not usb) but not really sure what I am doing so don't want to mess it up. Any ideas or advice would be a great help

Quiller. 21:08 15 Dec 2009

one at a time to find out which is stoping the boot.
Then question if that perphiral is damaged.

killlerkingo 21:20 15 Dec 2009

Thanks, I already tried this, after I boot to windows using a old keyboard, I am able to plug all perphiral's back in & it then all works fine. So I then restart the PC but again it freezes at post screen???

Sea Urchin 21:29 15 Dec 2009

So you need to plug them in one at a time to find out which one is stopping the booting.

killlerkingo 21:39 15 Dec 2009

Hi, thanks I already done this & it wouldn't boot up with any of them, but allowed me to plug them all in once booted up with an old keyboard, would a system restore help?

User-312386 23:22 15 Dec 2009

It sounds like your power supply is not powerful enough! Is it a generic power supply or branded one and what is the wattage? Alot of non branded generic ones are not that good.

Quiller. 10:00 16 Dec 2009

perphirals USB. If so you need to go into the bios to de-activate boot from usb or other devices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017