windows blinds for xp

new214 16:41 06 May 2007

Heya, Ive got windows xp and was wondering if its safe to use windows blinds to make it look like vista?

Is windows blinds a demo- where I would have to reinstall the blinds after the demo has finished?

please reply

i haven't used window blinds but i have the vista transformation pack,i personally like the look and have experienced no problems.
click here
more info and screenshots
click here

new214 13:51 07 May 2007

1) Is the vista transformtion pack free or is it a demo for 2months?

2) Does the windows blinds- affect the registry in any way?

3) What should I do if i encounter any problems with my pc with the vista transformation pack?

4)What if i Want to go back to the normal xp- after Ive used the vista transfomation pack?

1.its free
2.theres an option to change system files or similar wording,you can install it without doing that option
3.uninstall it via add/remove
4.as 3,plus within transformation pack you can select
xp or aero or standard vista via the styler option.

it will be your decision though,it maybe better to leave the thread open if youve any reservations.
Ive put it on two laptops and a pc with no adverse effects,other users will be able to share their personal experiences.

SANTOS7 16:59 07 May 2007

Been using window blinds with cursor XP for years, you havn't got to go mad to make your desktop look how you want it, the only disadvantage of the free version as opposed to the enhanced is it does not skin the sliders and progress bars.
There is also a function to leave any application unskinned sometimes the buttons can go a bit funny depending on what skin you choose...

cocteau48 17:58 07 May 2007

Deja Vu here!
click here

new214 14:37 12 May 2007

Id think the windows blinds is a ok software to use- but is it free beacause Ive heard its only a trial for 2 months-

1) Does this mean I have to reinstall or activate it again after the 2 months?

2)Does windows blinds have any computer/secuirty related problems- as I would Like to know about what windows blinds would affect before I install

ArrGee 18:25 12 May 2007

From my experience of Windows Blinds (a good while ago) was that it had been supported with advertising and kept opening up ad pages in IE.

Now I use the Royale Noir free theme instead.

click here

I know it's not quite what you are looking for, but still it's pleasing on the eye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?