Windows Add/Delete

ardetta 08:10 27 Jan 2009

I can access the above program but am not able to delete any program, can anyone help please

LinH 08:26 27 Jan 2009

Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean Windows Features within the main Programs and Features removal tool?

LinH

ardetta 08:53 27 Jan 2009

Yes within the main windows feature

LinH 09:08 27 Jan 2009

O.K. I assume you have opened the Programs and Features window. In the lefthand sidebar there is an option to: 'Turn windows features on or off'. Click on this and another smaller window will open. This is the Windows Features window. You will probably have to wait a short time while this window is populated then, by ticking/unticking the selection boxes, turn on or off the applications listed.

LinH

ardetta 15:36 29 Jan 2009

Thanks for reply and appologies for not anwering sooner. I have tried your suggestions but no luck. I find that the delete function works on recently added software but not on the older programs. Have you any further ideas please

Pineman100 15:48 29 Jan 2009

I presume that you're trying to uninstall (rather than 'delete') a program?

If that's correct, try this free download, called Revo Uninstaller. It's very effective.

click here

Sea Urchin 16:48 29 Jan 2009

Windows Features are not the same as Programs that you wish to uninstall - here is a guide to uninstalling in Vista

click here

LinH 17:08 29 Jan 2009

Agree with Pineman100 and Sea Urchin. It would seem that you want to uninstall (delete) a program as opposed to disabling a windows applet. Therefore follow the advice of Pineman 100, Revo Uninstaller is a very competent program, and it's free!

LinH

ardetta 11:40 30 Jan 2009

Thanks to LinH, Sea Urchin andPineman100

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?