Windows activation

Jollyjohn 16:44 14 Nov 2010

I have repaired WXP Home because of Virus infection. Restarted in safe mode, installed and run Malwarebytes. On restart I get the message that I cannot log in until Windows is activated but the activation screen does not open. Box appears with two little icons in top corners and nothing else.
Will not start in safe mode either - same activation message - and you cant activate from safe mode!
How do I get past this point?

GaT7 17:30 14 Nov 2010

A few things to work through at click here & click here. G

GaT7 17:32 14 Nov 2010

Especially the post by Hargak on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:51 AM in the 1st link. G

Jollyjohn 17:47 14 Nov 2010

Hi

Thanks for the response - could come in handy. I have resolved this by re running the repair. NOTE to others running a repair - when WXP starts for the first time and you get the blurb about spending time setting up your computer - PAY ATTENTION because it tells you there that you have 0 zero days until activation - assuming you have a working internet connection it will activate over the internet.
First time round I did not have the machine hooked up to the network and I skipped this stage thinking I could log in and then activate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone