Windows 98 emulation on XP?????

fLeAbOy 07:37 12 Mar 2003

As everybody and there dog knows, Windows XP is not fully compatible with some previous Windows software.

Now i can deal with upgrading all of my existing software so its XP compatible, but where i come unstuck is some of my old games that won't work.

I know XP comes with a compatibility wizard, but i've tried absolutely every possible configuration there is and it still won't run my old favourites. I've also tried to find any patches for the games to bring them up to speed, but there's no luck there.

Does anyone know of any work around that might fix my woes. The only alternative i can think of is some kind of emualtion program. any help will be greatfully recieved

McD 10:36 12 Mar 2003

Had the same problem - got round it by using Partition Magic to create a hidden partition on C drive and then loaded Windows 98 on to the hidden partition. Boot magic then gives you the option (at start up) of which OS you want to use. Open 98 and load your software on and away you go. Works for me.

rob_absalom 10:45 12 Mar 2003

you can use the above software and install win98 on a vrtual drive. then you can load win98 while in xp as if it was just another bit if software. it just opens in another window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?