Windows 95-removing programs from Add/remove progr

wozzy 00:52 23 Apr 2003

Hi
Does anybody know a way of removing programs from those listed in 'Add/remove programs'eg,for programs where an uninstaller has been removed or is not available. The program has been deleted but is still present in name only on the list of available programs to be removed. Attempting to delete the name does not work.
Thanks in advance,Lion

MAJ 01:12 23 Apr 2003

Didn't Win95 have Tweakui with it, try installing it from Add/Remove programs > Windows Components, it has an option for removing those entries.

hugh-265156 01:16 23 Apr 2003

try this one click here

DieSse 01:36 23 Apr 2003

Also look at iolo Sysytem Mechanic click here 30 day free trial relaiably cleans up lots of things including the add/remove list.

Rhuddlan 01:45 23 Apr 2003

There is a way to remove programs in the registry editor, but i'm not sure of it, instead though visit this webiste, click here and download the free regcleaner, when you have downloaded and installed this useful piece of software, click on the uninstall menu tab and check the item you want removed and click on remove selected at the bottom right hand corner of the screen and this should hopefully solve your problem, whenever you want to delete something off the computer, if files and folders have been left behind in the hard disk or registry, use this handy software, i've found it fantastic, hope all this helps, let me know what happened, regards, Rhuddlan.

F11F7 22:36 23 Apr 2003

there is variuos programs out there that can do that

wozzy 23:57 23 Apr 2003

Thanks a lot, System Mechanic did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?