windows 8.1

Grizzley 12:28 04 Dec 2014

How do i get rid of the stupid switch between apps pop up, blocking my screen. it says swipe in from edge to go back to the last app you were using. tip begin with your finger outside of your screen. This stupid information box will not go away and is driving me mad. please help. this is a new computer. Lenovo flex 10, windows 8.1 touch screen. any help would be appreciated.

compumac 13:12 04 Dec 2014

I had exactly the same problem and tried all of the suggestions from various forums without success. Then one day it disappeared I know not how. Google for the problem and try the various methods as it does seem that it is quite widespread, you are not alone by any means.

compumac 13:14 04 Dec 2014

Copied from other forums:-

Switching between apps ANNOYING

1. Go to Search and enter Local Group Policy Editor or gpedit.msc
  2. Expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and lastly Edge UI
  3. Double click on Disable Help Tips
  4. Set the configuration to Enabled
  5. Select Apply and exit Local Group Policy Editor. Also, when there are other notifications like "Current Tip", a quick way to remove them is to move the mouse cursor to the top left corner of the screen. That is if they are not removed by disabling the notifications. When I did my research, I found the steps over here. Since then, no more annoying notifications from Windows.

6. Go to Control Panel

7. Go to Appearance and Personalization
  8. Click on Navigation Properties
  9. Go to the navigation tab
  10. uncheck “When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms” and “When I click the upper-left corner, switch between my recent apps” Viola it goes away. I am not sure if it will pop up again but so far it hasn’t for me. “I managed to get rid of the stupid window by taking one of the tile programs (you know those awful things that go full screen with no close button), grabbing it at the top of the screen with the hand shaped icon, and then dragging that application into the top left corner. Then the silly Switch between apps window went away and I have not seen its like since.“

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone