Windows 8 Unstable tiles move to right

Newuser3477 13:36 11 Nov 2013

After a visit by grandchildren! the tiles on my start screen move automatically to the right hand side. If I navigate them back they immediate flick back, not giving enough time to click on an individual tile and open a programme. I have tried system restore to predate the visit. I have re installed avast anti virus and scanned without success. Also if I go to add remove progammes the list shoots to the bottom and cant be held in the alphabetical position. What has happened what can I do to resolve problem

nickf 20:43 11 Nov 2013

Just spent 3hrs trawling the interweb to solve a similar problem . First I would recommend dumping avast , it seems Av programs can cause all sorts of problems with live tiles . Also check see if the tiles behave the same for a different user , if not try changing yours to a local account .

Newuser3477 18:37 14 Nov 2013

By chance problem solved. I stopped using my mouse and the error has gone away. A new mouse solved the problem. Thanks

nickf 19:09 14 Nov 2013

Thanks for the info , I will watch out for that . Seems that this 8.1 update is somewhat unstable ! There are countless forums reporting all kinds of problems , most seem to be linked to incomparable software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?