Windows 8 and Spyware Blaster

RISC OS user 10:48 17 Oct 2013
Answered

With each of the previous Windows Operating Systems I have been able to load SpywareBlaster at start up by including it in the Start-up folder within the start menu. I have done this in Windows 8 (I downloaded a Start button programme) and it appears in the list of programmes which start at boot-up, in Ccleaner but it does not appear on screen as it used to... is it all done in the back ground or is it just not loading? I have another programme which I have included in the same start-up folder and it does load at boot-up as before. I have tried to find a help screen in SpywareBlaster but to avail. Your help will be appreciated.

Secret-Squirrel 13:03 17 Oct 2013

"....... I have been able to load SpywareBlaster at start up by including it in the Start-up folder within the start menu."

According to this from the SpywareBlaster FAQs, you don't need to run it everytime Windows starts to stay protected.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:31 17 Oct 2013

SpywareBlaster is a Blocker

Spyware blaster only needs to run to update definitions when you "enable protection" after an update it puts entries into the registry to stop your browser from going to those sites (browser shows an error if you attempt or set redirected to open those sites), you then close the program untill next time you check for updates.

Its not running and therefore takes up no memory or cpu resources.

RISC OS user 14:35 17 Oct 2013

Thanks all, did not realise any of the above. Will keep a short cut on the Desktop to remind me to update the protection from time to time.

rdave13 21:09 17 Oct 2013

You could right click the the Start icon (desktop), mouse left corner, right click, select run in the dropdown menu and open the startup folder by typing shell:Startup. Drag the icon for Spywareblaster to it (or copy and paste) but Spywareblaster icon would need to be on your desktop as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?