Windows 8 and external monitor

hollafame 08:59 26 Aug 2014

I have an issue concerning my Windows 8 Acer Laptop that I’m trying to connect to an external monitor. What initially happened was that I dropped my laptop and cracked the screen therefore the display on the laptop is completely wasted. I therefore used my TV as an external monitor. It was working great however I wanted to only show on my TV and wanted to blank my laptop out at all time (I am aware you can just press Fn + F6 however I was looking for something more long term). I went into the "display properties" and then there was an option that I chose which was "only show on second screen" or something like that What happened was the resolution went extra small so I tried resetting my computer and then what happened is that it loads up to a blue screen where I can move a cursor now but nothing else. I can't do anything, type anything, it's just a blue screen with a cursor which I can move around.

Does anybody have any solutions to this problem? Is there a way i can change resolutions manually? I've resetted my computer several times however it only just goes to that blue screen now with the cursor. I still see the screen saver at the beginning though.

Thank you so much,

Len

Woolwell 10:26 26 Aug 2014

Try toggling the Fn + F6 a few times. I suspect that you have both the laptop screen (broken) and the monitor active with extended desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?