Windows 7 with XP

johnincrete 18:37 22 Apr 2010

At my daughter's school here on Crete, we have a desktop and 3 laptops each running XP Home in English. We have genuine authorised software on all machines mainly Office 2003 and educational software supplied by publishers of learning schemes. Some software is 2 or 3 years old. The laptops are sometimes networked to the desktop wirelessly for file sharing and emailing and internet access.
One laptop has been stolen and needs to be replaced. Replacements tend to come with Windows 7 pre-installed.
Do you see any problems we may have if one laptop is running 7 & all other computers are running XP.
Alternatively, what is the cheapest way to upgrade a desktop and two laptops to Windows 7?
All purchases of Windows & laptop will be done in England & I have a tame IT bod who will shop for me in return for free accomodation for his holiday here in this glorious island.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:57 22 Apr 2010

2 -3 year old software shouldn't be a problem if it is you can always run XP in virtual mode inside W7 click here.

If the PCs are networked then because & uses home group then follow the guide click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?