Windows 7 won't accept the correct driver

ernieernie 19:47 14 Jan 2010

I have a HP TouchSmart IQ770. I have just done a full install of Windows 7. Most things are OK eccept for the video which now has a generic driver which is hopelessly inadequate for the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 video adaptor, everything is squashed.
I have downloaded the correct driver from HP but when I run it I get the following message:-
Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for the update. Update has been cancelled (9998).
Seperately, I have also had a message saying 'hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported'. The only alteration the the computer has been the installation of Windows 7.
I have tried the HP site but found it most frustrating.
Help, please.

GaT7 19:55 14 Jan 2010

Visit the nVidia site click here & click on 'Graphics Drivers' button under 'Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products'.

If I do a manual search, it appears to be offering the wrong drivers click here & click on the 'Supported Products' tab. G

ernieernie 20:33 14 Jan 2010

I am in the process of backing up the 'Windows old' directory which was created during the Windows 7 installation to an external drive and it may take another hour. I will explore your recommendation when that is finished.

ernieernie 22:17 14 Jan 2010

I did as you said, Crossbow, and downloaded the one that nvidia suggested but when I ran it it failed with the message " Could not find any drivers that are compatible with the current hardware setup"
Ho hum! Any more ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?