Windows 7 and Virtual Acorn, RiscPC

Allan RISC OS user 19:20 17 May 2010

I am unable to run a program called "Virtual Acorn, VirtualRPC-AdjustSA" it is produced by Virtual Acorn a 3QD Company, web site click here. This program is an Emulator running Risc OS.
I have been running it for the last 2 years on my other HP Pavilion, t580uk with Windows XP service pack 3, and for the past 3 month with Windows 7 home premium (32bit) installed. Again without any problems.
On my new computer (HP Pavilion s5320uk with 4GB RAM and AMDAthlon II x4) it installs on the C drive in the "Program files" folder, it appears in the "start menu" and on the "desktop" as a shortcut, and when I double click the shortcut to run the program for the first time (after installation) it starts by asking for the unlock code, and which mode I wish to run it in. Then Zone Alarm asks for permission for the program to access the internet etc., following that nothing happens (it will not run).

I have tried to run the Microsoft compatibiliy programs and other help which is available but to no avail.
One result reports not compatible, another states The program requires additional permissions and mentions running it as the administrator which I am and at present is the only user of the computer. The program owners/writers are not aware of any problems running the software on Windows 7, but have mensioned common causes are :- "ntdll.dll preventing Virtual RPC from executing", I tried changed the name but was not allowed, also what did that mean?
Lastly Optical drive failing to deal with ATAPI commands correctly, but I have loaded other programs into my new PC without a problem.

I have un-installed and re-installed and added the latest update supplied by Virtual Acorn.
I turned of the ZoneAlarm Firewall during installation and reduced UAC to NEVER, again as advised.
I have not manually changed any settings on my new Computer.
Help Please, I am at a lost totally!

Allan RISC OS user 17:14 18 May 2010

I have now found the problem, the hardware!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017