Windows 7 Uninstall Live Messenger

ashbygirl 19:04 07 Nov 2009

Just got a new computer with Windows 7. I signed on for the the Windows 7 Mail system but everytime I log on my computer goes annoyingly straight to the Windows Messenger page, which I then have to delete.I don't really want Windows Messenger. Can you please tell me how to delete it altogether without deleting Windows Mail.

Condom 19:40 07 Nov 2009

there is a little free program from Microsoft called "Microsoft Install Cleaner" which you can download and install. If you run it and then scroll down to the bottom half you will see all the Windows Live Programs listed there and you can select individual parts and get rid of them. I had to do this for all of them after a clunky install first time round. The Windows Live programs for some reason don't appear in Add and Remove programs and it is almost impossible to re-install without first deleting as it tells you that it is already on your PC even if it is a damaged copy.

I have no idea what deleting one part of these programs might do to the others especially Messenger as I think it is an integral part of the Live programs.

It might just be better to stop it starting altogether which you can easily do via Ccleaner, Tools, Startup or from Messenger itself next time it starts by going into Messenger, Tools, sign in, and unclicking everything.

Hope this helps

rdave13 20:02 07 Nov 2009

Go to programs and featured and click on 'windows essentials'. Click on 'uninstall/change' tab select the uninstall button- continue- select Windows Live Messenger- continue..

ashbygirl 06:34 08 Nov 2009

Resolved -at last! rdave13 got the answer but thanks to condom also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone