windows 7 trojan virus

anderson1967 13:55 25 Feb 2010

running windows 7 and have managed to get a trojan horse virus.I got this trying to download drivers to fix my sisters pc so i will post the problem with hers later once i get my problem sorted.I do have avg free adition and a-squared 2 free edition as well.I used both programs last night to try to fix the problem and both said i had the trogan horse and fixed the problem and when i restarted nothing would work on the p.c ie asquared and avg as well as internet explorer.So i tried to use system restore but this was blocked as well and when i try anything this warning comes up
Windows cannot access the specified device path, or file.You may not have appropriate permision to access the item.

Any suggestions from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

birdface 14:26 25 Feb 2010

If you only Quarantined them maybe allow them again.A lot of false positives from a squared but not sure about AVG though.

birdface 14:27 25 Feb 2010

maybe try system restore in safe mode if it works.also run your security programs on there.
[just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]

Jameslayer 14:29 25 Feb 2010

Does it tell you what trojan it is. As you may be able to google for more info.

anderson1967 14:36 25 Feb 2010

yes i did qarintine them but windows wont let me open the programs now.i have 4gb usb dongle and i went on to my other pc and downloaded adaware and avast free edition on to it but windows is blocking me installing from the device are there settings i have to go to and get the permision i need to install the other programs.

anderson1967 14:48 25 Feb 2010

i dont know the name of the trojan but a program called win 7 guardian downloaded its self how do i get rid of this.i am currently in safe mode and i going to try system restore lets hope this works i will keep you updated.

anderson1967 15:06 25 Feb 2010

it wont let me do system restore the win 7 guardian keeps blocking it any suggestions on a free software that will remove it.

birdface 16:01 25 Feb 2010

Malwarebytes free will remove it.but can you install it on your computer.

birdface 16:06 25 Feb 2010

1/ click here

2/ click here 30 day trial but it will remove anything that it finds.if it asks for payment ignore it and carry on with the scan.

3/ click here

Try in reverse order.321. all free.

rawprawn 16:14 25 Feb 2010

Have you tried removing it in Safe Mode? Keep tapping F8 as you boot your computer to get into safe mode, then scan from there.

anderson1967 19:08 26 Feb 2010

Ok i managed to get rid of the virus now i have this other problem all my icons on my desktop when i click on them they need a program to open them and the 2 choices it gives me are to open with internet explorer and adobe reader any ideas on how i can sort this out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?