Windows 7 System image

sharpamat 08:43 23 Mar 2011

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Using its built in software I created a system image onto an external drive and made the restore disc. which I replace fairly regularly.

I have just replaced the Hard Drive, booting up with the restore disc in the drive does not find any images. In advanced options the image files can be accessed, But the returned information is that this is not a disc image file

Whilst the image is there and the correct size ( Made up of Extensible Markup Language XML and VHD files)

Any suggestions or programs to restore ( or open so that I can obtain the information within will save me a lot of time )

Many thanks in anticipation

Zeppelyn 10:52 23 Mar 2011

Windows 7 can do this from the disk management console, a vhd file is a Virtual Hard Disk.

click here

Zeppelyn 10:56 23 Mar 2011

Clicked to soon there, you can mount (open) the vhd and then copy anything from the temp drive letter.

sharpamat 11:29 23 Mar 2011

Many Thanks Zeppelyn I shall try this later But will leave this open untill after I have used it

sharpamat 17:01 23 Mar 2011

Thanks again this has accessed and is now saving the files so I will mark this as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires