Windows 7 starter network printing

Ikarus 23:24 23 Dec 2010

My netbook runs Windows 7 Starter 32 bit and the desktop computer runs Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit) both computers are wireless networked with printer sharing enabled and the Epson programme is installed onboth computers. The problem is printing from the netbook. I can select print and get the dialogue box on screen then press "Print" and ... nothing happens at the printer. There is no trace of the document in the printer queue.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is a problem in this area with Win 7 Starter. Is there a known problem and, if so, is there a workaround or solution? The only way I can print anything from the netbook is to copy it to a USB flash drive and load it on to the desktop.

With thanks for any observations.

chub_tor 09:48 24 Dec 2010

Reading this click here on the Microsoft Technet leads me to think that your only solution is to upgrade to Win7 Home Premium or higher.

Ikarus 10:41 24 Dec 2010

chub_tor
Thanks for that. It certainly looks as if Win 7 Starter cannot print via a network. Microsoft seem to be dragging their heels on the issue although I suppose they hope you will upgrade to one of the other Win 7 versions and rake in some cash!!

mgmcc 17:07 24 Dec 2010

I don't know where you got the idea that Windows 7 "Starter" cannot print over a network to a printer attached to a PC running 7 Home Premium.

My Netbook runs "Starter" and prints over the network OK to a printer attached to a PC running 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?