Windows 7 from softonlineseller?????

malcgood72 21:27 09 Oct 2010

In the middle of May I got Windows 7 download from softonlineseller.com for £65. now 5 months later guess what, my PC tells me it's not genuine. softonlineseller.com have gone, and Paypal say I needed to kick off before 45 days of perchase. I know I'm an idiot, but the fact that I paid through Paypal was the real seller, how could they deal with anyone dodgy?

Nontek 21:52 09 Oct 2010

Contact Microsoft, they may well 'Genuine-ise' (is there such a word?) it for you.

mgmcc 11:26 10 Oct 2010

It shouldn't take from May to October to flag up that Windows isn't genuine. It could be corruption in the registry so try running System Restore to see if that sorts it.

lotvic 16:27 10 Oct 2010

The server location of softonlineseller.com is/was Beijing, 22, China urldogg report click here

I rest my case m'lud

lotvic 16:33 10 Oct 2010

It might make you feel better to know you are not the only one to have got stung by them click here for reviews from others having a rant.

malcgood72 17:41 10 Oct 2010

Thanks guys, I've done a system restore only for the same thing to happen immediately.
I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullit and buy one from a shop, in a box and shrink wrapped.

awest3 08:19 11 Oct 2010

I bought a copy from 'Software4students' for approx £40..only issue is that you have to have someone in the family who is still in education..in my case my granddaughter, and you need to have either XP professional or Vista already installed on your PC..They ask for the name of the education centre which the person still at in education attends and they will only supply one copy to your address unless you can prove you have more than one person still in education..they ask a lot of questions..! I needed a second copy for my grandson's PC and after a chat on the phone they supplied it ok...all genuine..!

lotvic 14:30 11 Oct 2010

Now that is what I call really useful and moneysaving information, thanks, been wanting some of the MS progs that are there for niece in 6th form
Couldn't believe the low prices :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires