windows 7 gliches

willyv 14:56 27 May 2010

hi,
im fairly happy with window 7 but theres a couple of probs i could use sorting
1 sometimes startup freezes on the black screen with the flying balls- the balls come in , change to windows logo and then gets stuck- could this be due to a disc in the dvd drive?
2 there is a flag icon in bottom right, stating that a backup is in progress even tho its not- i have tried to get rid of it but the settings for backup are frozen ( i back up with acronis anyway).
any ideas. ta v much

Pineman100 16:54 27 May 2010

1. If it only happens when there's a disk in the drive, then that would seem to be the culprit. Either make sure that you never boot up with a disk in the drive, or go into your BIOS and make sure that your computer is set to boot from the hard drive as first choice.

2. The flag is a shortcut to the Action Centre. If it's telling you that a backup is in progress, are you sure that you don't have an automatic backup schedule set?

To check, go to Start>Control Panel>System and Security>Backup and Restore. Under the Backup heading, you should see details of any scheduled backups. You can switch these off (if you want to) by clicking "Turn off schedule" in the top left-hand corner.

willyv 21:11 27 May 2010

with the backup thing, no tasks are scheduled and all the options in the backup area are non responsive when clicked upon.

willyv 21:11 27 May 2010

with the backup thing, no tasks are scheduled and all the options in the backup area are non responsive when clicked upon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017