Windows 7 Backup - What file names

wee eddie 17:58 10 May 2014
Answered

I have been using Windows 7 Backup for a while and intend to start from scratch again.

There are a number of files on the External Hard Drive.

Where do I go to find out which of these are related to the Backup. The standard instructions give no indication of the names of the files that will be created.

onthelimit1 09:05 11 May 2014

I have a W7 machine that I backed up to an external hard drive which shows a folder of Windows Image Backup.

wee eddie 12:33 11 May 2014

Unfortunately W7 Backup did not only put its files into a Folder for me, several other files appeared at about the same time as the first Backup which may, or may not, be associated.

I have several other unidentified Files on the Drive and I had thought of putting the whole lot into a Folder, named, say, Old Backup and starting again might work.

These are the unknown files on the Drive:

"aac5463f6e8f13e8d63dde"

"EDBAINES-PC"

"WindowsImageBackup" ~ This is the only one that is certainly part of the backup

"MediaID.bin"

onthelimit1 13:04 11 May 2014

OK - I only have the one folder I mentioned.

wee eddie 16:20 11 May 2014
Answer

Thanks, you're almost certainly right as the "WIB" Folder is the only one that carries the latest backup date: Tonight is backup Night.

Tomorrow, I will put all of them into another Folder and start afresh. Later, I will delete the only one that has been duplicated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone