Windows 7 backup fails with Iomega eGo drive

Jeff W 16:20 02 Feb 2011

On attemting a back-up of Windows 7 using an Iomega eGo external drive I get the following error message:

"One of the back up files could not be created. The request could not be performed because of an i/o error. 0x8078002a"

The same error occurs with 3 different Windows 7 computers with which it has been tried.

The back ups have worked with other external drives.

The drive performs normally when saving other files to it.

I have followed the troubleshoot instruction on the MS knowledebase regarding Volume shadow copy service to no avail.

mgmcc 08:58 03 Feb 2011

I suspect you've already answered your own question:

- Three Windows 7 computers fail to backup to that particular drive (or model of drive).

- Windows 7 computers backup to different drives.

Therefore there would appear to be a compatibility issue with Windows 7, or the backup software used, and that drive. It might be worth pursuing the issue with Iomega themselves.

northumbria61 12:08 03 Feb 2011

Contact for Iomega Support (Europe) click here from this page select "Contact Us" then choose which option on the next page.

Jeff W 20:57 03 Feb 2011

Thanks for your replies. The drive was returned to Curry's who were most helpful - they tried the drive on one of their computers and it failed. They took another of the same model off the shelf and tried that - that failed too. So clearly a compatibility problem.

I shall write to Iomega and tell them.

We took a Seagate drive instead and all is now working OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017