windows 7 &acronis true imagehome version9

dwe 19:26 30 Jul 2009

anyone know if it works in windows 7

lotvic 21:46 30 Jul 2009

Windows 7 problems with Acronis home 09 thread on acronis forum click here

woodchip 21:53 30 Jul 2009

You do not need to load Acronis to the Drive as you can boot with the CD to create backups and restore from. so it works in all as Windows is not loaded when it runs. After starting with Acronis CD you can remove the CD as it loads into Memory and runs from that, You can then backup to any drive bar the partition you are backing up. Including DVD as Backup, if you want to create compressed Image divided to fit DVD's

GaT7 22:09 30 Jul 2009

I was going to ask the same question because I've just been offered to upgrade to this version for under £12.

But I'll be using Win7 when it comes out, so what good is it if it's going to be incompatible?! G

woodchip 22:19 30 Jul 2009

It will work if you use it to boot from. What you have now will work. I have version 9 and it work with whatever you have on the drive including Linux. As long as you us it in Dos Mode by booting with the CD or Create a boot rescue CD

GaT7 22:46 30 Jul 2009

Well, on double-checking I was referring to the v2009, not v9 like dwe is?

Appears like I spoke too soon as it looks like it'll work the standard way. Taken from this thread click here:

"I have been using True Image Home 2009 for some time now in Windows 7 RC and it has worked well with no problems yet that I can see."

However, I notice the user in lotvic's link has had problems with v2009 - so it works for some the std way & doesn't for others. G

johndrew 09:58 01 Aug 2009

I have been considering upgrading to ATI 2009 and also Windows 7. To confirm compatibility I contacted Acronis to confirm. They have advised that because Windows 7 is no officially released they do not underwrite the function of any of their products with it.

I am aware that various other sites contain positive information on the function of ATI products with Windows 7 but consider the risk of backup image failure to be present.

Perhaps it is worth waiting for Acronis to underwrite a product rather than buying at risk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?