Windows 7

Splodge 14:06 21 Jan 2009

It has occurred to me that, like many others, Microsoft has chosen the worst possible time to market Windows 7.

It is not their fault, of course, like many others the credit crunch probably did not enter their calculations.

Obviously it is going to be a massive flop. Most XP users are very happy it and Vista will think twice about upgrading. Although it does look very interesting as a beta.

We know that you can overlay Vista with Windows 7 but not XP.

Now, if they were to vary Windows 7 to install over Xp and, treat it as a fairly cheap upgrade then perhaps they could make enough income to keep going towards better times!

An thoughts, anyone?

jaraba 14:14 21 Jan 2009

I think it might be better to wait until it has been on the market for while & all the bugs have been ironed out.

Clapton is God 14:16 21 Jan 2009

Microsoft aren't "marketing" Windows 7 as such.

There's a public beta release available for testing but nothing in the shops yet

Splodge 14:35 21 Jan 2009

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

They have been some years designing Windows 7 without income from it. With the downturn likely to last for several years, they also face a long period with yet more expense producing the next major upgrade.

They are unlikely to receive enough income to last through the lean years unless they can tempt enough users to buy Windows 7 when it comes out, at the moment, towards the end of the year or the beginning of next year.

They need a quick fix!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?