windows 2003 DNS and Linux DNS

2bneat 06:51 18 May 2008

Hi I need some help here. I have a Linux ReadHat working as primary DNS and is working fine. I need to put a windows 2003 as secondary DNS but they are not talking.
Now I created the win2003 as reguler server with DNS service, this is secondary,requesting transfer zone from the master server ( linux I guess) and is in a workgroup.
The Internet domain name for us is: subcompanyname.companyname.com

Should I need to create the windows 2003 with AD and give this domain name? should it be configured static or dynamic DNS?

The two computers see each other, ping eahc other but do not want to do zone transfers.
seems that is not so easy to mix two deifferent systems. I do not what more to do.
Thanks before hand to any help I get

recap 21:38 19 May 2008

Not sure if this is going to help you 2bneat
click here

2bneat 04:47 21 May 2008

Well I do not know what happend here, but I do not see my previous post.
RECAP, I just want to that thank you for your response. Unfortunally it did not help me to much and after working for almost a week on this project I am ready to stopped it. It is really hard to make windows talk to linux.
Even that I would like to leave alone the Linux server and better yet to install a secondary linux DNS, the people here wants to have windows so I will continue looking around to solve this problem.
Thanks

recap 11:30 21 May 2008

If you click here and register you may get a greater response to you query

Hope you get it sorted
recap

2bneat 03:24 22 May 2008

RECAP
thanks. I do not know why I did not think in that.
Hey, I will give a try.
Thanks a Lot.

by the way, I would like to keep you posted on what ever I find to solve this problem. It fine if I contunio posting here my findings?

Thanks

recap 15:15 23 May 2008

That would be welcome 2bneat, it's always nice to hear the outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?