Windows 2000 pro forgoten Password

Koochy 17:52 23 Jan 2007

Hi all i would like help if possible with a problem a friend has dumped on me, She has an old Compaq pc with windows 2000 installed on it but she hasn't used it for approx 1 year now the problem is she thinks she has either (a) Forgot the password or (b) Changed it and can't remember what she changed it to so the big question is - is there anyway of getting around the password without reinstalling windows?

SANTOS7 17:55 23 Jan 2007

click here
this may help,good luck..

Koochy 19:09 23 Jan 2007

Do you have any tips on dos please as i am at a loss on how to get them to run

koochy

SANTOS7 19:13 23 Jan 2007

You can open a command prompt from Start>all progs>accessories>command prompt and enter into the interface what ever it tells you,
Have to say i have never had to do this so im running a bit blind meself..

Koochy 19:30 23 Jan 2007

I can't get any of these programs to run as the system just goes into dr-dos and i haven't got a clue how to get it to do anything so i think i will just have to give up format it and do a clean install. Thanks for trying santos.

Koochy

Koochy 20:30 23 Jan 2007

All done just got to wait 24 hours to get the password. I used the loginrecovery website and it worked it says it has decrypted the password but i have to wait 24 hours to get it, (i can get priority but it costs 15 quid). The waffle about the dos was not needed as i had burnt it to the cd directly instead of burning an iso disc.

Thanks again Santos

Koochy

SANTOS7 20:32 23 Jan 2007

good news indeed, i am glad it's worked for you..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone