Windows 10 crashes when downloading large files

bobj216 23:42 14 Jun 2017

I've had this issue for a few weeks now and it went away about a week ago but it just recently came back. The issue started when I decided to reinstall everything on to my computer after some performance issues thinking it would help w/ it. After I installed windows and all my smaller files though, I started downloading larger files such as games and this is when the freeze happens. The computer completely freezes and I'm unable to do anything unless I hard reset my computer. The problem consistently happens and I can't find a fix to the problem.

stavros3000 15:01 07 Jul 2017

Hi,

Are you getting any messages in event viewer?

Steve

Menzie 16:43 07 Jul 2017

How are you downloading these files? Via a client like Steam or by web browser?

If by Web Browser how long have you left the computer running before resetting? It might be a case antivirus software scanning the large files to give the all clear before allowing access.

On my system when I download a file the antivirus takes over before it lets me do anything.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires