Window XP on Win2k domain Kerberos error

Anthony-271951 19:21 29 Apr 2003

I recently built a Windows 2000 server and installed active directory and ISA server. I have 2 Windows XP Pro machines, both at SP1, which I added to the domain. Both machines can log on to the domain successfully, but the following error appears in the system log on one of the machines -

Event ID 7
Source: Kerberos
"The kerberos subsystem encountered a PAC verification failure. This indicates that the PAC from the client COMPUTERNAME$ in realm DOMAIN.LOCAL had a PAC which failed to verify or was modified. Contact your system administrator."

This machine takes an age to connect to a web site when a new browser is launched, locks up periodically and takes minutes to bring up task manager when it does, and refuses to shut down completely - it hangs at "Saving settings". These appear to be the only symptoms at the moment, and they were not present before joining the domain.

I have tried Microsoft's knowledge base and various other internet sources but cannot find anything relating to this error.

Any ideas appreciated.

Anthony-271951 19:54 29 Apr 2003

Thanks for the response, I don't think this helps really as I don't have any VPN connections or clients set up on this PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone