Window XP Problem

Jimbo50 13:58 28 Jul 2009

For some time now my computer suddenly crashes and reboots without warning. I receive the standard message "Your system has just recovered from a fatal error send to MS etc.".
When I look at the error message on the reporting window it gives me a variation of the following over 2 lines;

C:DOCUMEN~\jim\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER83b.dir00\mini060407-0S.dmp
C:DOCUMEN~\jim\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER83b.dir001\sysdata.xml

Any variation of this message occurs after the WER part of the lines with different numbers.

I have deleted various programs hoping to find one that may have caused the error but no joy.

I am running Win XP Home Edition SP3 with 1Gb Ram, a P4 2.53 processor and 110 Gb HD with 75Gb free.

Anyone with any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

birdface 14:25 28 Jul 2009

previous thread.click here

Sea Urchin 14:50 28 Jul 2009

.....which is over two years old. Do we assume Jimbo50 that you've had this problem all that time?

donki 15:02 28 Jul 2009

Hes managed to free up some HD space at least. If you have an OEM XP when you boot up after listing your components it should see a hit F10 for recovery. Well I have that option on mine current and previous PC's. Or did a recovery disk come with your PC?

DieSse 15:55 28 Jul 2009

Go to the Control Panet - select System - Click the Advanced tab - Click Settings under Startup and Recovery - UNTICK Automatically Restart.

Now your system should halt with a Blue Screen when you get an error.

Write down the exact information given in the errors, and let us know.

This time of year issues due to overheating are common - what temperatures is your system running with?

Everest (free version) should tell you, click here

Jimbo50 13:05 19 Aug 2009

You are right, much the same problem (unresolved) as before. Bought a new Vista system and shelved the old XP one but have to resurrect it for another use. I was hoping that someone may have come up with a solution, and yes I have cleared out some other progs and regained some more disc space.

Slight change to problem but same messages coming through.

“My computer keeps freezing with message “Programme XXX has stopped responding”
I receive a standard message "Your system has just recovered from a fatal error send to MS etc.”. (Appreciate that sending to MS does nothing)
When I look at the error message on the reporting window it gives me a variation of the following over 2 lines;

C:DOCUMEN~\jim\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER83b.dir00\mini060407-0S.dmp
C:DOCUMEN~\jim\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER83b.dir001\sysdata.xml

Any variation of this message occurs after the WER part of the lines with different numbers.

I have deleted various programs hoping to find one that may have caused the error but no joy and have installed CC cleaner to clear any leftovers from the past.

I am running Win XP Home Edition SP3 with 1 GB Ram, a P4 2.53 processor and 110 GB HD with 75 GB free.

Anyone with any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

rickf 14:45 19 Aug 2009

save what you need to keep and reinstall win xp is the easiest solution. sfter all the porb has been there for 2 yrs. start with a clean slate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?