window xp or vista Instalation CD

simtoast 13:39 23 Jul 2009

Hi All, i'm sorry for any inconvenience this many cause. i bought a desktop PC on Ebay, then found out that it is having Ubuntu os which is poor as it's not allowing me to download programs. I'm just thinking if anyone with a WINDOW XP can be kind enough to lend me a window pack CD that i my install and i promise i will send it back immediately as soon as installation is complete many thanks.

birdface 13:44 23 Jul 2009

Just wondering if you have a proper keycode on the Coa sticker the on side of the computer.If no Keycode you will have to buy what you are looking for.Coa sticker will also tell you what version you can install.Home.pro. or Vista.

Terry Brown 13:52 23 Jul 2009

Sorry, but all windows software is registered to the owner, and it is ilegal to borrow someone elses software.

You may be able to buy XP software from click here however be aware that is a lot of illegal software being sold as legal, which will not register or update.

The system may not be capable of running XP, for further help, please send specifications.
Terry

tullie 14:51 23 Jul 2009

You can use someones windows cd if its the same as your version,and you use your own keycode stuck on your computer.Nothing illegal about this.

simtoast 12:22 24 Jul 2009

Thanks buteman and tullie YES i have got a key code. it is the CD that i don't have if i can get a cd of a Window XP Home edition i will be fine. i have a registered key code license behind the computer. any HELP? many thanks.

Terry Brown 12:48 24 Jul 2009

I have a back up copy of XP home (not original CD) you can have-- it will not have my Key code on it, but as you say you have yours, no problem.

Contact me via the yellow envelope for my address.

If you are interested all I require is a A5 SAE for return of CD.

I'm not sure what service pack it has (Possibly SP1)but that can easily be updated by the microsoft update page.
Terry

simtoast 16:56 26 Jul 2009

Hi Terry Did you get my message i thought i sent my address so you can send me the Cd by post. let me know if you did received it. if not. tell me what to do please. many thanks.

Ebay i never buy a computer from there...

You can buy XP cheap these days as Win 7 is coming out soon...

Did you not check before you brought it from the seller how ever you not 100% happy send it back maybe?

Terry Brown 12:14 27 Jul 2009

Simtoast:

I have send you my address and am waiting for the SAE to arrive.
Terry

DieSse 13:59 27 Jul 2009

"Ubuntu os which is poor as it's not allowing me to download programs"

Ubuntu allows you to load hundreds of programs - what's more they're all in the same place so you don't have to scrabble around looking for them

They're held in a download centre called a Repository - have you tried there - it should be under Add Programs or similar.

What programs are you wanting that you can't find?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?