window tabs

Tulips 17:25 17 Dec 2008

I have Windows Internet Explorer and when I open it there was a tab above the website window so when I wanted to open a new window all I did was click on the tab but that has disappeared, how do I get the tab back please ?

howard64 17:43 17 Dec 2008

I assume it is ie7? With firefox when you click on exit it asks if you want to save the open tabs. Perhaps you get the same with ie7.

MAJ 18:03 17 Dec 2008

You do get the same with IE7 if there is more than one tab open, click on Options when the box pops up to ask if you want to close all tabs. Another way is to have two "Home Pages", one of them blank. Go to IE > Tools > Internet Options > General tab and in the Home Page box, type:

click here
about:blank

assuming you want Google as your Home Page, you can change it if you don't. Click Apply and OK to exit.

MAJ 18:04 17 Dec 2008

....but I'm sure you get the idea.

http: //www .google.co.uk/
about:blank

Tulips 19:18 17 Dec 2008

MAJ, that's my problem, I can't get more than one tab open to be able to close them. I used to be able to have several tabs open but now I can't and I don't know why.

Eric10 21:05 17 Dec 2008

From IE7 help: -

Can I turn off tabbed off browsing?

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

2. Click the General tab, and then, in the Tabs section, click Settings.

3. Clear the Enable Tabbed Browsing check box.

4. Click OK twice.

5. Close Internet Explorer, and then open it again.

Tabbed browsing will now be off, and every webpage will open in a new Internet Explorer window.

To turn on tabbed browsing tick the box instead of clearing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?