Window security problem every time at start up.

enviro 16:46 23 Aug 2009

Hi, I have Wndows XP with Avira Antivir Personal-Free Antivirus, use Windows Firewall and have Secunia as well.
At start up I get a messege that I have a security problem, some times that the firewall was turned off....it was, and also the virus protection was off or out of date.
I have used the computer today and when I switched on this afternoon it told me the virus protection was out of date and had not been up dated since the 20th, its been used every day and only today shown this messege.
If I wait patiently it sorts itself out but it can take a while.
This started a few weeks ago out of the blue but I'm getting fizzed off with it now!
Help!

birdface 22:17 23 Aug 2009

If that is all the security you have I can see you having more problems.Why not Try Malwarebytes free version update and run it just to see if you have any problems.
To tell the truth I had never heard of secunia before so not sure what to expect.What is it just an updater or what.Anyway worth giving Malwarebytes a shot can't do any harm.

birdface 22:20 23 Aug 2009

You can switch of the security alerts from windows by going to.Control Panel.Security center.On the left click on change the way security center alerts me.Untick all 3 boxes and no more alerts.

Les28 09:29 24 Aug 2009

Good idea to run Malwarbytes, also I was wondering if you have changed your antivirus program lately and security centre was still thinking the old antivirus was still installed and giving false reports.

Have a look here about deleting the repository folder that is inside the wbem folder, if that is the case.

click here

click here

enviro 18:44 24 Aug 2009

Hi, I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan, it found 41 objects. I clicked to remove and had to restart to get rid of 2. On restart, no security messege and loaded faster than before.
Thank you for your advice peeps.

click here

Secunia patches software that has not been updated
and could cause security threats.
many thanks
enviro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?