Window, protection error

u2 12:03 03 Aug 2003

I ,ve formatted the HD a couple of times and am having problems on booting up, keep getting winows protection error ect also boots up into safe mode sometimes on booting the whole machine shuts down including power.

Wwhen its up and running it,s ok though do i need a new copy of Win me ? Any ideas? Cheers

xania 09:39 04 Aug 2003

Once you've formatted your HD, what are you installing to enable you PC to boot up. If its the reinstall software that came with a new PC, you could get some specific advice from the supplier, especially if its still in warranty. Also, why did you format your HD in the first place. Presumably it was because you had a problem? What was that problem, perhaps you have a hardware fault. Please provide a more detailed history and we may be able to take it from there.

Gaz 25 11:42 04 Aug 2003

Check the Plug if it shuts down on its own, I had lose connection is one!!! Check them!

Rayuk 17:23 04 Aug 2003

Do you have a network card in your machine??
If so and you are not using it disable it in device manager.

u2 19:40 04 Aug 2003

Cheers all split the Hd because it was crashing ect.Ive been fiddling with it to-day and it seems to be a lot better now,trial and error more error than trial i think.

Still getting windows protection box ,would it have anything to do with static v+d,s in msconfig?

Also have the CPU on 133mzh wheras before I had to lower it to 100mzh just played fs2002 on full blast and it did,nt crash .Im thinking it may be a program Ive installed?

would love to find out the exzact cause though.
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone