Window opens on non existent screen

Aidan Hogan 22:55 25 Apr 2017

I have been using two screens recently with a monitor connected to my laptop. I opened my access database whilst using these to screens and the database opens with a login form. However, now whenever I use only my laptop when i open my database the login form opens on the non existent second screen. When I plug the second monitor back in the form shows on that screen. How can i make the form open when I'm only using my laptop screen?

I hope this makes sence Any help is appreciated, thank you.

difarn 23:23 25 Apr 2017

Have you tried pressing the function keys relevant to the brand of laptop. Fn + F3/F4/F5 etc - they need to be pressed simultaneously. This may bring back the display to the laptop screen.

Aidan Hogan 23:27 25 Apr 2017

Just tried your suggestion. With F5 it opens the project settings which is currently set to pc screen only. This doesn't bring back the window/form though :(

wee eddie 23:34 25 Apr 2017

Have you tried opening in Safe Mode?

Aidan Hogan 23:43 25 Apr 2017

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do anything. I have searched on google to see how to fix this and some people say you can go into the registry editor but i don't really know what to do there.

Aidan Hogan 23:52 25 Apr 2017

This is a forum I have read and i have tried everything on here except for the registry editor: click here

difarn 14:18 26 Apr 2017

Have you tried the following.

Before unplugging the second monitor press Windows + P on your keyboard. You should be given the option 'computer only'. Then unplug monitor cable.

If that works open Display Control Panel by right-clicking on an empty space on screen, click on screen resolution, ensure laptop is set as main display.

Aidan Hogan 18:24 26 Apr 2017

When press windows+P and change to computer only it does force the window onto my laptop screen and stays there when I unplug the monitor. However, when i close the Microsoft access file and open it again the window does not appear even when the laptop is set as the main display. Interesting discovery: I currently has my monitor set up on the left and laptop on the right, I decided to switch them in the settings and when I opened the file the window didnt appear on either screen.

difarn 19:40 26 Apr 2017

That probably confirms that it is not seeing the laptop screen as the main screen. Has this happened after an update?

Have you tried the fix in this article - unnstalling the Display Adapter?

click here

Aidan Hogan 19:48 26 Apr 2017

Something I forgot to mention:

This access file is on memory stick and I also opened it on a different computer at school and I have the same problem. This makes me think it could be something to do with the access file.

more info:

I'm using windows 10 on my laptop and windows 7 at school. Also at school i can't change many setting at all due to restriction placed by the school.

difarn 21:28 26 Apr 2017

Have you tried

Start the program. Right-click the program on the taskbar, and then click Maximize. Right-click a blank area of the taskbar, and then click Cascade Windows. Resize the program's window as appropriate.

or

Start the program. Right-click the program on the taskbar, and then click Move. Move the mouse pointer to the middle of the screen. Use the ARROW keys on the keyboard to move the program window to a viewable area on the screen. Press ENTER. Resize the window if necessary.

Are you try to view the access file in form view? Do you have the option to set auto resize to NO. This article explains.

click here you saying that you do not have administrator privileges on your school laptop?

Are

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires