window on laptop too small

dalimena 09:35 20 Jan 2007

I wonder if you can help, i have formatted and reinstalled windows xp on my works laptop. Only the visiblw screen does not fill the laptop screen, sorry if im not explaining this well. I mean there is a black band of about 1 and half inches all round. Why does it not fill the whole screen?.

Diodorus Siculus 09:48 20 Jan 2007

It could be one of a couple of things.

First off, right click on desktop and choose properties. Choose settings.

From there you can set screen resolution - move the slider to the right to make bigger.

As an alternative, if that doesn't work you will have to get the correct graphics drivers - do you know the manufacturer?

You need to give more details: laptop make and model, operating system etc.

Taff™ 10:01 20 Jan 2007

click here and download the free Belarc Advisor. Install and run it and it will tell you what you need to know about the computer hardware. If you`re lucky it will also tell you the graphics controller and we can link you to the correct driver.

dalimena 10:15 20 Jan 2007

Diodorus Siculus
Sorry it is a Compaq nx9010 pentium 4,2.8 ghz processor and 192mb ram. I do not have internet connection at the moment, by the way can you tell me if this has inbuilt wireless capabilities.

Taff™ 10:40 20 Jan 2007

go to click here and select "Support & Drivers" from the top menu. Type in "nx9010" in the "for product" box and then the two arrows next to it to start your search. Underneath Tasks select Drivers & Downloads. You`ll find the graphics drivers and much more.

Taff™ 10:45 20 Jan 2007

Most of these are wireless enabled but you`ll need to give us the exact model number to be sure or run Belarc as I said. You will probably get a Serial Number from that information and you can search on the HP site for the information.

dalimena 10:47 20 Jan 2007

Thanks Taff and Diodorus Siculus, sorted it. What a fantastic help forum. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?