WinCE netbook not recognised by my WiFi Network

BorderCollie 11:05 07 Jul 2010

Recently I bought one of these cheap Chinese mini-netbooks, which runs WinCE 5.0.
2 Questions-
(1) It's built-in WiFi adaptor connects fine to my WPA enabled BT HomeHub V.2, on its own right, but when I try to set up a network connection between it, and my main lap-top running XP Pro, both the HomeHub and my lap-top doesn't recognise that the mini-netbook is connected to the WiFi network system. Any ideas how to correct this?
(2) When I try to download a utility, such as a new basic email server, that is listed as being "an application suitable to use on WinCE 5.0." or add a programme to the netbook's memory card that is know to run on WinCE 5.0, when I click on the .exe file of the programme to run it on the netbook, I always get the error message saying "WinCE doesn't recognise the file extension-.exe"
How do I install and run a programme with an .exe file on it, on WinCE 5.0 ?
Any ideas please? Thanks,
Dave Grieve, Scotland

mgmcc 11:34 07 Jul 2010

(1) Although the WinCE Netbook may have WiFi to connect to the router and thus the internet, does the operating system incorporate "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" protocols which would be required to work with your network?

(2) Just guessing, but do these applications (.exe files) need to be run in a PC and installed over an ActiveSync connection to WinCE?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?