Winaso in safe mode is it safe

birdface 09:32 22 Apr 2008

Hi.I was in safe mode and for some reason I thought that I would try Winaso Optimizer and it came up with 208 problems.As I was not connected to the Internet I thought that maybe it would do more harm than good so canceled it.Anybody tell me if it would have been safe to proceed with the repairs.Doubtfull

johnnyrocker 09:35 22 Apr 2008

winaso has generally a very good name on this site so i would have thought you were safe enough.

johnny

birdface 09:53 22 Apr 2008

Thanks for that.I use it quite regularly and it normally finds less than 10 faults.So it was a big jump to 208 faults.I know it does an automatic back up but was still reluctant to use it.I removed SP3 beta last week as I thought that we were getting the full version yesterday but must have got my dates wrong.So probably something to do with that even though I have ran it while connected to the Internet since.I may go back into safe mode and run it again but will wait and see if there are any more replies just in case.

sunny staines 09:59 22 Apr 2008

i once had an error where the reg check deleted hp reg entries for my printer, the restore function failed to correct the the error it made.

other than that one off never had any other problems with it i now set it to ignore hp reg entries.

i would get a clone back up first as i would not trust the restore option. I still use winaso.

birdface 15:32 22 Apr 2008

Ok.Went back into safe mode and ran it.No ill effects.Everything seems normal so will class this as resolved.Many Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?