Winamp

pj123 15:12 10 Jan 2005

Just received the following email from a friend.

"Despite a new download I can't get my Winamp to play webstreams yet it will play music held on the hard drive. When I select Winamp via a Radio Station web page it has the "Stop" button highlighted on opening and won't play. Any ideas??? "

I don't use winamp and know nothing about it.

Can anyone give me some info that I can email back to him please?

ACOLYTE 15:24 10 Jan 2005

I think it depends what Radio station he is trying to listen to,i am not sure but i dont think winamp will pick up and play commercial radio,say radio 1,i have never tried mind but i do listen to radio with winamp through the internet radio in the Media library but i have never seen Radio 1 listed.there is click here that does radio for winamp but mostly in US.

pj123 16:03 10 Jan 2005

ACOLYTE, thanks for your input. Personally I use JetAudio for streaming from the Internet. Seems to work with anything I try (even the BBC which always says RealPlayer is required).

I have advised him to get JetAudio but he seems a bit reluctant at the moment.

I will email him for some more info. May take a while though as he is still a worker and I am retired.

toni b 16:37 10 Jan 2005

They have there own dedicated forum which have most answers already archived I believe here click here

pj123 17:23 10 Jan 2005

toni b, Thanks for that. I will email him the URL and let him search for himself.

pj123 17:04 14 Jan 2005

Not getting anywhere with this so I will assume that Winamp is not a lot of good. I will again recommend him to download jetaudio, which has never failed me yet.

Thanks. I will tick this as closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?