WIN98SE REINSTALLATION FAILURE

Gharte' 16:33 20 Nov 2003

On running sfc on my Win98Se pc, I realised there are too file corruptions, changes and deletions so I decided to reinstall Win98se over the existing installation using the cd. I started by restarting the pc, getting into bios, changing the boot sequence to cdrom,c,a, putiing the cd into the drive and proceeding. A blue window came up with 3 options one of which read "To set up windows now, press ENTER" so I did. On the next window, I chose the first option which read "Continue setup and replace your current operating system and press ENTER". I did that.
The window that came up read as follows, "Your computer may have a disk-compression program installed on it. Because this system may contain an existing o/s or file, setup cannot continue......".
What kind of program is being refered to here? I need some advice, people. How do I proceed? Thanx in advance.

alcudia 16:38 20 Nov 2003

Have you compressed your hard drive. The utility for doing this supplied with Windows was called Drive Space.

alcudia 16:45 20 Nov 2003

Memory about D/S is returning. If your drive is compressed it is easy to tell in explorer. You should still have you normal C drive which is in fact one enormous file sitting in what will be named the host drive. I think the default drive letter for this was H.

If it is compressed you will have to uncompress before you can do anything. You may also have to delete quite a bit to make room.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros